Lorenzo and I were married in 2013. We spent our honeymoon strolling on the sandy beaches of Puerto Rico. We knew things would be great when we arrived at the spectacular St. Regis hotel and were handed the best rum punch I have ever had. It was beyond perfect and an amazing welcome to the island.
Traditional rum punch is a simply delicious combination of light and dark rum with a variety of fresh fruit juices. This recipe has just a pinch of nutmeg which gives that little bit of warmth that all Caribbean dishes have.
Tropical Rum Punch
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 1 cup Pineapple Juice
- 1/2 cup Grenadine
- 1/4 cup Light Rum
- 1/4 cup Dark Rum
- 1 small Lime
- dash Nutmeg
- 1 medium Orange, cut into wedges
- 4 Maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Combine orange juice, pineapple juice, rum and lime juice in a large pitcher. Stir until well blended.
- Add ice to glasses. Evenly divide grenadine among each glass.
- Top each glass with punch.
- Grate a dash of nutmeg onto each drink.
- Garnish with orange wedge and cherry. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy your Tropical Rum Punch. Click here for more drink recipes.