These Strawberry Hennessy Margaritas were a special request from my sister Asheley. She had them on vacay in Miami and kept telling me that I needed to try them. Well, I tried them and they are amazing. So fresh and bright from the strawberries and the lime. What I love is how smooth they are. The Hennessy and Grand Marnier blend so well together that you can’t even taste the alcohol. But you sure can feel it!
The recipe calls for 2 tablespoons each of Hennessy and Grand Marnier, but can easily be adjusted for your tastes. Adjusting this recipe is as easy as 1 – 2 – 3. Add one tablespoon each for just a hint of alcohol. Use two tablespoons each for a smooth drink with some body to it. If you really want to feel it, add three tablespoons each of Hennessy and Grand Marnier.
Fresh strawberries are best, but use what you have. You can easily substitute frozen strawberries or a strawberry flavored syrup and make great margaritas. If you do not have lime just add two tablespoons of sweet and sour mix. Here is a great recipe for your own sweet and sour mix from Epicurious.
You know what goes great with a nice drink? A nice steak or burger on the grill and if you want a treat, try our seasonings, Zo’s Magic Stuff seasoning salt or our ChiIi Garlic Steak rub.
Strawberrry Hennessy Margaritas
- 1 pint fresh strawberries hulled
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 lime juiced
- 2 tablespoons Hennessy Cognac choose your favorite!
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- Place strawberries, water, and sugar into a blender. Blend until smooth. Strain into a measuring cup to remove the seeds.
- Add ice, strained strawberry puree, lime juice, Hennessy, and Grand Marnier to blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into glasses. Garnish with strawberry and lime. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy your Strawberry Hennessy Margaritas. Click here for more drink recipes.