The world’s best crispy lemon pepper chicken wings are at American Deli in Atlanta. I am not taking any other opinions on this statement of fact! But, if you can’t make it to Georgia for some wings then this recipe is a good substitute. Not exact, but very, very tasty.
Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Restaurant quality lemon pepper wings at home.
- 1 lb. chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Goya Adobo with Lemon Pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 small lemon zested
- vegetable oil or shortening of your choice
- Add all ingredients except shortening or oil to chicken and combine.
- Marinate wings while you heat shortening or oil to 350°. Fill heavy-bottomed cast a little over half full and turn stove to medium heat.
- Add wings to heated oil being careful not to overcrowd the pot. Fry for 9 minutes turning every two minutes or so to ensure even cooking.
- When golden and cooked through, remove and drain. Serve lemon pepper chicken wings hot.